Documentation you will definitely need:

  • Passport, valid for at least six months past the time you will be staying in the United States
  • Barcode from the confirmation page of form DS-160 (your nonimmigrant visa application)
  • Receipt for payment of application fee
  • Photo (to upload while filling out the DS-160 form)
  • Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Student Status—for Academic and Language Students from the school where you will be studying)

You may also need (depending on which embassy or consulate you go to):

  • Evidence that you are academically ready, such as transcripts, diplomas, degrees from schools you attended, or standardized test scores required by the US university
  • Evidence of your intent to depart the United States when you get your degreeEvidence of how you will pay your education, living, and travel costs
Add Your Comment